Benevolence seeks not a return. What does the world give back to the clouds? - Thirukkural
Snake guard is high in fiber it relieves constipation. Snake guard helps stimulates the production of body fluids, relieving dryness. It creates cooling effect in the body. Snake guard is considered useful in treating type 2 diabetes.
I got this recipe from my mom, snake guard puttu or pudalangai puttu is best accompaniment for kara kuzhambu and rice.
- Snake guard chopped – 1cup
- Onion chopped – ½ cup
- Ginger chopped – 1tsp
- Garlic chopped – 1 tsp
- Green chilies chopped – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Fried gram /pottu kadalai – ½ cup
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- First boil snake guard in hot water and when it is cooked squeeze extra water from snake guard.
- Then heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and then chopped onion and fry until it is translucent,
- Next add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies. Fry it until the raw smell goes away.
- Then add boiled snake guard, turmeric powder, salt and stir it well.
- Take ½ cup of fried gram in a mixer grinder and grind it to a powder.
- Finally add powdered fried gram to the snake guard and mix it well. Cook under low flame until the vegetable is dry.